View Single Post

At 5'6", 145lbs, I will be 48 in September. For 4 years (18- 22 years old) I studied Tang Soo Do daily until I became blackbelt. This gave me an understanding of disipline that I would recomend to everybody. I lost interest after a while due to other things going on in my life at that age.

But, for the last 22 years I have continued to do the stretching exercise routine I would warm up with and do my age in situps and pushups after the warm up routine. Every year I add 1 more.

I have also been riding my mountain bike for the last 8 years and when I can't ride it I do 50 complete revolutions on my 1-up bicycle trainer that I have had for the last 7 months. This gets your heart rate up quick!

My philosophy is to be consistant. Don't make it so hard and long of a routine that you become board or get to stiff from doing to much. I think to many people over do it when they first start. You get stiff and sore which make you to stop and eventually you end up doing nothing.

The last few years I have been watching my carb intake. I eat 1 good meal (all I can eat, whatever I want) at about 5pm supper time maybe a snack and a sweet before I go to bed about 3am. Thats it! Drink plenty of water, some skim milk with dinner. NO soda, caffene, or alcohol anymore.

You have to take control over your own actions which require strict disipline. It is not easy in the beginning. Start off slow i.e. 5 pushups and situps, and work up over time. The key is: "BE CONSISTANT"! A little is better than none at all. It has worked for me.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)