View Single Post

Garage
I love my Daytona 675, but its a pretty committed riding position =read painful If you're on roads where you can keep a decent amount of wind on your chest, its not that bad. Getting stuck in traffic or slower town roads and the wrists take a beating.

Maybe try the new Street Triple 675 when they are released. Weight looks to be about the same, and they just shifted the power down the RPM range a bit.

I really like the triple configuration, and for me it really has the best of both worlds (vs twins and 4 cylinders).

http://www.triumph.co.uk/streettriple/streetTripleFlash.asp?lang=en-US

RE: the whole riding a slow bike fast - I've been having a ridiculously fun time flogging my wife's learner bike (2001 Ninja 250). On a REALLY tight road, sadly I think I might be fastest on this bike. I think its the combo of the seating position (upright) and handlebars (vs clip ons). Anyway, I think the Street Triple will have that same ergo set up, and the perfect engine moving it. I think I just talked myself into getting a Street Triple...

2012 Ducati Streetfighter S
2013 BMW R1200GS
2014 KTM 1290 Superduke R

Last edited by slowrider; 07-04-2007 at 10:25 AM..
Old 07-04-2007, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)