View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I misunderstood. It sounded like you bought a 965 intercooler.
So this is a 965 style intercooler, correct?

Those are also a problem. Actually it is the same problem I described above. Most 965 style intercoolers won't fit a 930 either. I have seen many of these things and talked to folks that have purchased them unwittingly. It can be a nightmare.

The problem really is the advertising. These intercoolers are not a "bolt-on" for a 930 and should not be listed as such. B6 just went through this and lost some credibility in the process. I think they have their fitment issues addresses but it hurt them. It can be difficult to time the introduction of new products into the market. You have to stand behind any issues that come up.

My B&B intercooler works well for what it is. I don't expect much out of a stock footprint unit that is twice as thick as stock but it does fit perfectly.

B&B should label your intercooler "for 965 use only" and refund your purchase price. Bolt-on doesn't mean cut the deck lid, buy new parts, fab your own brackets and hope for the best.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)