View Single Post

OK. I will restate the original point I want to make.

Actual Top Speed For A Dead Stock R1200S Running Factory Parts Only Is At Least 160 MPH. (and perhaps a tick or to more.........161 - 163)

This will be "track fact" out in time. The Summer has been full of unexpected Y's in the road and I have not taken my bike to top speed yet. As soon as possible.............

Meanwhile, all of us R12S riders know the bike has plenty of torque in the 6900 to 7900 RPM range and will pull a little taller gearing. Taller gearing (2:61), that will allow a engine to be pulling top end in a area of its power band where it is nearer to peak torque and peak HP RPM. The same stock engine with regular 2:75 gearing asks the engine to pull top speed in a RPM range where the torque and HP curve have flattened.

Slightly above 160 will be the top speed of a Dead Stock R12S running the factory optional 2:61 rear end.

Sorry that the nay-sayers of the past must except these numbers but it is great for BMW and all the S leaning, twin worshipers, among us.

Last edited by Dr. Curve; 07-05-2007 at 02:55 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #174 (permalink)