View Single Post
Jim2 Jim2 is offline
7.0:1 > 11.3:1
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,867
Jeff, you can buy bulk 5/32" rubber vacuum tubing from most auto parts stores. I pay little under $20 for a 50 foot roll. It takes a good number feet to nicely route the line from the rear of the dash to the engine bay. This tubing is near the size of the rubber "T" shown in Jerry's picture.

The auto parts stores also sell small plastic "Ts" and unions which come several to a package for $2-3. They are commonly used for connecting vacuum tubing or window washer tubing. (There is a white one in Jerry's picture) Use one of these plastic "Ts" on the factory rubber T shown in the pic, then you can split to both the fuel pressure regulator and your boost gauge. Use small nylon zip ties on all these rubber connections to try and prevent any hoses from coming off.

Your boost gauge uses 1/8" NPT (national pipe thread). Your auto parts store should have selection bins of brass fittings and hardware including hose nipples from 1/8 npt to 3/16" hose barb.

Edit: you can skip the T which I described above and hook onto the gauge port which is labeled in Jerry's picture, but this port is adjacent to the edge of the butterfly plate at idle, and might display something a little higher in vacuum than actual manifold vac. Boost will be reflected accurately though.

Last edited by Jim2; 07-06-2007 at 06:50 PM..
Old 07-06-2007, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)