View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally posted by tonypeoni
I don't think hes talking about bring a car over from Europe. If your car was already federalized what possible problem could you have run into besides emissions. In most states at the age of 30 these cars are exempt or nearly.
Hi Tony,
He knows the car he is thinking of buying is not federalized. I can tell you from ACTUAL experience, that he can not get a Tag in AL. It won't happen. I went thru the mill with them about everywhere it had been registered, BLAH BLAH BLAH. They knew it was Gray Market and for it to be in the US and get a registration it wold HAVE to have been federalized. Once I showed them the papers, it was fine, no papers, not tag. Simple as that. I'm not guessing, I'm not supposing, I'm not lying, I'm staing FACT from ACTUAL experience.
Can you say as a FACT that he can take an UnFederalized car and get it registered in all 50 states? I don't think so. My point is that I have run into an ACTUAL issue with a DMV that knows the law. Strange that it occured in AL, but so be it. AL would not settle for the plate on th door r anything else. I had to show them a REAM of documents.

Respectfully, I feel you are being disingenuous if you don't KNOW anything about this, and SAY you should be OK and it is not an issue. He will not be able to drive that car in AL. My question is how many other states that could occur in? I have ACTUAL EXPERIENCE with this issue, and it is relatively recent. That's the reason why I thought I would warn him.

Let's say he bought this car and moved to Wisconsin and went thru an Experience like I went thru and could not register his car with the DMV. He then reported back here the same situation I went thru except he didn't have the docs to get it registered and didn't know the Governor to get a pardon.

What would your reply be then?

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 07-07-2007, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)