View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxx1
Oh well, for whatever it's worth, the car at this point is a limited use, classic / historical vehicle with my State's blessings. I was originally concerned and crossed checked several times with different authorities, but it's clearly not a problem on a 25 year old car in most States. Maybe it was Federalized at one time or maybe not, or maybe set back to Euro specs after the fact? ... you almost sound like some kind of EPA cop If I can get ahold of the second owner, I'll see what I can find out, the more info I can get on the car, the better. For now, I'll enjoy it and when time comes to sell, I doubt I'll have a problem.
Good Luck! I had access to the Docs and it was a nightmare. I didn't read the original posts again, but I thought you stated it had not been federalized. That's why I posted. If it has been than no worries, you could get them. Mine is 22 years old and I hit a Brick wall. I also had no problems in 3 states. Ahhh, but the fourth one was a *****.

That's my point, the fourth state. I was ignorant and blissful up to then.

Anyway, enjoy the car, my posting had nothing to do with the quality of the car. It also was not personal.

I only tried to advise you of my DIRECT and ACTUAL experience. You can shoot the messenger but the message is still the same, if your car was not Federalized it is in this country Illegally, and you don't know if this will affect you or not till it happens.

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 07-07-2007, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)