View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
New Light Weight 930 Muffler from RarlyL8

Time to make this official.

There is a new alternative for the aftermarket 930 muffler. This one is simple, stout, and at 10 pounds is likely the lightest performance muffler on the market this side of a zork tube.

The 930 exhaust products found on my website are designed by me and manufactured by M&K. The quality is the same high standard that M&K maintains for their line of 911 mufflers. Every item is built using 321 stainless steel and manufactured with superior weld quality that will withstand the torturous heat delivered from your turbo.

The sound is not for the timid. It's not zork tube loud but rather muscle car loud. It makes a statement at idle. At take off you hear that sweet turbo whizz followed by the signature 930 cackle when shifting or lifting the throttle. The exhaust rumble disappears when you near highway speeds leaving only the turbo spool.
Don't like the cackle on decel? Push in the clutch and it disappears.

Installation and removal can be done with the bumper and valance left on the car. You do not even have to jack your car up.

Great lengths were taken to design in ease of installation and removal. Four 17mm nuts and it's on or off. You may not be able to get your stock muffler (or whatever else you have) off that way but this muffler does not require any disassembly of your car to install or remove, and at 10 pounds does not require a muffler strap (as long as you retain your stock turbo bracket).

So there you have it. Strong, light weight, easy to install or remove, and priced competitively. It is also designed and built by fellow Pelicanites.

Pelican Parts has agreed to stock the new muffler in the near future. In the mean time Pelican has granted me permission to introduce the product here on the forum. Thanks!

Huge props to TomF for painting my bumper. Incredible effort and a fantastic job!
Thanks also to GaryR for selling me a complete Euro bumper for a very reasonable price.

Last edited by RarlyL8; 07-08-2007 at 04:08 PM..
Old 07-08-2007, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)