View Single Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DSchaffnit
[B]I am getting better at judging the fuel remaining using the trip odometer. Yesterday when I ran out I was in sight of gas station and was able to restart and make it to the pump! But, I am going to a track school next week and the consumption is bound to be much higher.

One reason I am hesitant to take it to the dealer - see attached picture. This is what I found under the seat after the last service. Note the red protector on the positive terminal is burnt, and not placed over the terminal. And, the connector was just left "hanging". When asked the dealer said that this was normal. Dealer further said the protector was not really needed - it was just there to protect the positive terminal (no ****?) during manufacture.

They did change the battery (this was at 300 km on a brand new bike) and they were supposed to have "fixed" the fuel warning....

Hate to think what they might do if I take the bike back.

My red terminal cover looks just like that- and that's from the factory. I tried to put it on straight, but the terminal is too close to the plastic gas tank for it to fit. Maybe your dealer is right about it only being needed during building- what can possibly touch the terminal down there?

As for the connector being out of it's holder- that's a pretty minor minor oversight- I think you guys are being pretty harsh on the dealer. Now if they forgot to fill it back up with oil, or left fasteners out- then I'd be shopping for elsewhere.
2004 Civic hybrid (wife's)
Old 07-09-2007, 03:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)