Thread: Buell 1125R
View Single Post

Garage
Interesting bike.

As an ex Buell owner ,my experience with BMW and HD products was completely on the opposite side of the spectrum. My 1100S has had very little problems and she's still running great after 30K+ however my BMW dealer/CS experience was the worst ever, as in EVER. I even had to take a dealer to court and BMWNA ..well let's not go even there.

My Buell was a piece of junk as simple as that. 15 major problems in one year of ownership. However the CS I got from HD was the best, period. Every time they fixed the problem and gave me a bike in replacement. Never they gave me attitudes.

HD has a great network here in the states and let's face it, 99% of HD owners are not the Hells Angles type anymore...they are either baby boomers or yuppies with no riding experience who want to be bad boys for once in their life time...nothing wrong with that. I see no problems in sport-oriented riders stepping into HD dealers.

If Buell can deliver a reliable product, it will sell, and I might even consider it. The problem they have to figure out how to make a bike reliable...the fact that the engine will come from Rotax well that's a great step in the right direction.

I don't think I'd buy a BMW ever again, at least not here in the states, unless BMWNA makes drastic changes, like firing all their executives!

'nough said.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)