View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The passenger's side exit would not only be simpler but also much less expensive. The stock exit tail pipe is designed to route around everthing as tight as possible to give optimum room for air flow and installation.

The problem with the passenger's side exit is the valance. That modification will no longer allow the exhaust system to be a bolt-on. As Ben stated I need to get some exposure with the stock replacement muffler before adding custom systems such as a passenger's side exit with a pre-cut fiberglass valance.

A 964 C2T system would be a natural to produce along with the passenger's side exit mufflers.

There is about 1/2" clearance between the bottom of a K27 and the tail pipe.

O2 sensor bungs are available as an option and will be located optimally just past the muffler body.

The db level is more than a dual outlet MagnaFlow but less than a Zork. Borlas come in many configurations so it is hard to compare. Likely the sound is similar to a straight through Borla.

I find sound bites on the web to be pretty useless due to volume control. You can get an idea of the sound quality but not quantity. I have had offers from folks to do a You-Tube (?) web video thing which I probably should consider. For now just consider the db level to be loud but not as loud as a Zork, that way no one is dissapointed. I can idle through my neighborhood and not have bricks thrown at me. A few looks, but no bricks.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)