View Single Post
Thread Killer

A report w/pics from Jason (Optimus Prime) at the Cafe:

First, A big thanks to Dean for giving me a chance to help out this weekend. It was a blast. It was an amazing race, and a completely heart-breaking finish. Like Dean said, Chris and the crew made the only call they could. I have a feeling Aprilia knew we were tight on gas at the end, because they pitted with about 20 minutes left and even though they had a full fuel bottle and their #2 rider was suited up and ready to ride, they pulled off a very quick splash and dash. If they had taken a slightly longer pit, I think Chris would have had the time to pull off a splash and dash and take the win.

I can't wait for Iowa.

I also got a chance to hang out with Nate for a while. Real good guy. Cares more about BMW winning, then personal accolades. I got to see the header from the R6 incident. Holy crap. I didn't have my camera with me, but it had to be a helluva smack because the header looked like it had been put in a 20 ton press. Nate got the shivers when I asked him about it Sunday. My friend Mark and I are hoping to go with him to VIR in the near future.

Now on to the pictures.

SJBMW's setup in the paddock

Tom, getting ready for an earlier practice run.

Brian, getting ready to head out for a practice run.

Mount up

Nate's on the #12, Brian's on the #46. Practice time

Nate on the #12, practice run

Old 07-09-2007, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)