View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Borla XR-1 install pictures

I've gotten many requests to post pictures of my "custom" (LOL) Borla XR-1 install with the bumper on. I didn't want to hi-jack the RarlyL8 and M&K thread so I thought I'd just start a new one. Having come from a Fabspeed zork, this has been a nice change for me...it's a very deep sound and yet some what mellow. Also very light weight. I did this before I realized that RarlyL8 and M&K were working on something. I have a feeling their's probably sounds a tad more raspy and might have been more to my liking, but this has served me well and also allowed me to have the wastegate pipe exit at the rear. I still use my zork every now and then, so it's been the best of both worlds...very versatile

As you can see, the wastegate pipe needs to be bent upwards slightly. This "system" was originally created when I had B&B headers. The wastegate exhaust pipe was custom bent for the B&Bs. I currently have OBX and I think their wastegate plumping is in a slightly different place...thus my alignment is off. The shop has agreed to fix it...I just need to bring it in.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 07-10-2007, 03:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)