View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to roverjosh
I am no expert

Ok, maybe I am just significantly to stupid for my age (34), but isn't all of these type of laws just another way to get around the fact that the states need money and politicians won't propose taxes because they won't get re-elected if they do?
Why would we punish one group for minor infractions instead of just enforcing the basic rules of driving? For example, slower traffic keep right. I know I have been living in Italy to long when I start to think that the Europeans know better.
But when it comes to driving and road rules, they really seem to.

I regularly go well over 100+mph on the Italian Autostrada (highway). If some is in the fast lane, they get out of my way. If some one comes up behind me going faster (happens alot), I get over. It is simple. I remember driving in the states, especially VA when I lived there, and it was the worst, chaotic road system in the world, and I grew up in NorCal. Talk about a million drivers all from a different country, with different driving rules.

I guess when I come home next year (most likely to VA), I will have to put a block under my gas pedal and a restricter on my handlebar, otherwise, I will only see my kid through the plexiglass at the county lockup...

You know things have gone crazy when Europe seems to do it better......

Just my 2 cents.

Josh

P.S. Roads here in Central Italy just rock! Reminds me of NorCal along the coast in the Sierras... Twisties as far as the eye can see.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)