View Single Post
"I wuz the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally posted by hobieboy
Sandman,
Sound-wise (volume & raspiness), how does it compare to the zork/straight pipe?

Power/response-wise, are there any difference? Did you notice any power drop, longer to boost, etc.?

thanks.
It's much quieter than the zork. But in a way, it's hard to guage because it exits out the passenger side, so it's further away. It sounds hands down better then my B&B single did. I set off just as many car alarms in my company parking garage as I did with the zork. It does have a very deep sound, not really throaty/raspy until I'm past the 4,000 RPM mark. The muffler goes a loong way in absorbing the backfiring/popping/burbling sounds that a totally de-smogged CIS engine makes.

If I find some time, I'll use the video function on my digital camera and take a short clip.

As for performance: I have no data to support this area. This muffler certainly makes me feel that everything is much smoother and more polished and refined. For the first time I was able to hear and feel just how silky my new engine really is (the zork had been on since I fired it up).

If this were a track car or even a weekend gig, no doubt, the zork would be the end all for me. But there were times when I didn't want to attract any attention to myself, this unit offers the stealth that I was looking for.

I will say that the sound has improved since I first installed it. I think the packing needed some time to settle, so it has in fact gotten louder.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 07-11-2007, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)