View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by 125shifter
I spent over $10K for EFI parts, but I think you could build a good system for half that. Figure another $1K for dyno tuning. If you want to do it yourself, I recommend finding a very experienced tuner first and either buy the parts from him or buy what he recommends. After you have the parts installed and the car running well enough to drive it, take it to the tuner to do the rest. I am surprised there aren't "good" EFI kits available for 911/930's.
Man! This is an eye opener. I thought there would have been a 'formula' so to speak - some guide to follow by now or perhaps an aftermarket bolt on kit, but it looks more like black magic from what I am hearing.

The reason I asked is, I am trying to determine what the next step of performance is beyond headers, cams, an intake and dropping weight? EFI sounds much more costly than I imagined.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)