View Single Post

I think Imagine Auto developed a kit using the pancake manifold.

The problem with EFI is the "while you're in there syndrome". As someone mentioned above- the entire setup is only as good as it's weakest link.

You can waste a lot of money in the process, so think everything through before you do it. I blew a bunch of money balancing and Extrude Hone-ing parts that I didn't even end up using.

Usually, people who convert to EFI want power in the higher end of the spectrum (500+hp). If this is the case with you, then you will have to beef up the internals of your engine (balance all reciprocating parts, upgrade the connecting rods, ARP studs, etc) that all costs a good chunk of money.

IMO if you don't want big power, I don't see the point in going EFI- there are lots of good components on the market that allow for darn good CIS engines. I have spent about $20K in just parts for my EFI build. Now that includes an upgraded turbo and I/C, headers and muffler and other things that aren't directly related to EFI per se, but like I said, if your going for big power, it's not just a matter of bolting stuff on and lighting the candle. It's a pretty complex process as I have come to find.

Measure twice and cut once kimosabe.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)