View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by SCHNELE
Brian you are delusional, I love you man but a 400 hp car on CIS is not healthy for a long time and further, no way you are getting 22mpg I am getting tired of conjecture, black magic etc post the bloody data that supports your claims until then unless you need more 930 parts please simmer down. On CIS my car an 87 930 3.4 made 379 rwhp and 368ftlbs of torque, a pretty square engine. The mods included B & B headers, exhaust, Ruf hybrid Turbo, Andial intercooler, Andial SC cams, stock bottom end, stock wastegate with a boost controller (dial a death) C02 was set a 3% and the thing ran pig rich spewing unburnt gas everywhere. Sorry Brian not trying to flame anyone I am only interested in seeing some empirical data to support your claims.
I think you just proved RARLY8's point. You haven't touched the heads which can bring some serious gains, you are running "pig rich" as you stated, running an early turbocharger and you are within 21HP of Rarly8's claims. As far as mileage goes, I suppose 22MPG is very doable with a weight reduction and R&P gear optimization, but at this point, who cares? With over 470 HP at the crank, you're are not in the same league as the Prius's of the world.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 07-14-2007, 04:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)