View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by SCHNELE
Brian you are delusional, I love you man but a 400 hp car on CIS is not healthy for a long time and further, no way you are getting 22mpg I am getting tired of conjecture, black magic etc post the bloody data that supports your claims until then unless you need more 930 parts please simmer down. On CIS my car an 87 930 3.4 made 379 rwhp and 368ftlbs of torque, a pretty square engine. The mods included B & B headers, exhaust, Ruf hybrid Turbo, Andial intercooler, Andial SC cams, stock bottom end, stock wastegate with a boost controller (dial a death) C02 was set a 3% and the thing ran pig rich spewing unburnt gas everywhere. Sorry Brian not trying to flame anyone I am only interested in seeing some empirical data to support your claims.
He is FAR from delusional - I expect he simply knows how to properly set up and tune a motor. Getting a CIS car to have good A/F ratios throught the rpm range is not black magic, it's actually pretty simple. Real Porsche 'experts' have been adjusting the 'non-adjustable' WUR for over 30 years - it really baffles me that the aftermarket tuners can't handle this task so instead they sell bigger fuel heads and 15K EFI conversions....
Old 07-14-2007, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)