View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I understand your skepticism and I don't take it personally.

The "crazy talk" about mileage, elimination of lag, and A/F ratios has come at great expense and time from many people. I don't claim to have created any of this myself, it is an accumulation of knowledge from several sources. Most, if not all of those sources will not tell you how it is done. Why? Because they make HUGE bucks selling and tuning EFI. An adjustable WUR only costs about $300.

That being said, I am not an EFI hater. You just need to know what your options are before spending the money. I would be livid is somebody told me after spending $10K on EFI that I could have spent $300 for similar results.

Remember, power and CIS are two different entities. You have to build the engine to make power using CIS compatible components, THEN tune the CIS to optimize it.

All of this banter is pointless if you don't like or don't want to learn and work on CIS. There is no option with CIS but to do it yourself. Folks like Brian Leask will help you but ultimately you are the one doing the tuning.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)