View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
EFI is a big waste of time and money because you will end up with no more than a maximum of 5-10% extra power
I strongly disagree. EFI puts the 930 in a different class of sportscar. It almost erases the 30+ years that have gone by since the 930 was designed. EFI enables you to take a 300 hp 80's car and transform it into a 600+ hp semi modern car.

I have 505 rwhp at .85 bar and have more tuning to do. I imagine I could get 600 rwhp out of this car with a few more changes (intercooler, tuning, ...).

I do agree that EFI is not necessary. I'll even agree that it is not financially worthwhile for street cars. However, don't get the wrong idea about it's capabilities. It can really transform these cars.

Here is another perspective. Try beating a Z06 on the track with your best CIS 930 and you are very likely to be disappointed. But with EFI you will rule the track.

DISCLAIMER: When I mention EFI in this posting I am assuming all the normal upgrades as well (turbo, intercooler, heads, intake, headers, ...) This is part of the "while you are in there" effect.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)