View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

If you are looking at comparing peak HP between the CIS and EFI, you are missing most of the value of EFI. And in my opinion, most chassis dyno's are crap for providing "real" comparative HP, but OK - you have to start somewhere. There were three things my conversion improved - throttle response, application and improvement of torque, and HP. Even if I did not gain a single additional HP, the throttle response and quicker torque would put me in front of any CIS car. A CIS car requires that the metering plate move before fuel is added which takes significant time (relatively speaking) and the ignition timing operates in a very narrow window. With EFI, it adds additional fuel measured in milliseconds and is completely adjustable. Couple this with the ability to advance the ignition (anywhere) and its see ya later CIS. So, my point is, don't consider EFI just because you want more HP. I gained less than 100 extra HP, but it drives like a completely different car now.

With all this being said, I still really like CIS.

Last edited by DonE; 07-15-2007 at 06:38 PM..
Old 07-15-2007, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)