View Single Post
i'm just a cook

cubby,
you sit very low in the spyder, the first time i pulled next to a motorcycle i noticed that my head was about the same height as the bikes headlamp. and my head does not light up. so yes, there are visibility issues. i find myself doing more arm waving in the little car, just to be sure that i am seen. that said, there have been a few close calls from the less attentive of drivers.
when i picked the car up in south carolina a couple of years ago i recall the first time i had it on the interstate, really didn't like it on the big slab with the trucks and other cars whizzing along at eighty five mph.
then i got caught in a torrential downpour that allowed me to find out how claustrophobic you can get with the side curtains screwed on and the very low top. looking out the side, you can only see as high as the door handles of your next lane neighbors vehicle. i haven't had the top on it since then. been caught in a few storms since. you can always dry off later.

as far as the spyder vs 911, i should say that since installing a built-up 3.3ltr 10.3 to 1cr , weber carbed, back-dated'73 spec, s cammed, carrillo rodded, blah, blah, etc.[ i must have forgotten something] engine , the fun factor has increased incrementally.
now that you can steer the 911 with the gas pedal it is almost as much fun as the spyder.
i do like the windows and targa top on those rainy days, radio and heater are also a bonus on the 911.
david

p.s. thirty odd years ago i used to drive a cab in new york city, back then i did not feel intimidated by nyc traffic, one of those young lunatics. that might account for a small portion of my "spydie sense" in traffic today.

Last edited by onlycafe; 07-16-2007 at 09:46 PM..
Old 07-16-2007, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)