View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by DDDD
Joel, you might want to try driving your car for a couple months before launching into something as potentially time consuming as EFI.

I find that the more I drive the car, the less it really needs. And then I can focus on what mods I really want now versus later. No reason to do work twice.

The 944 Turbo is a well EFI'd car, and it is a dog below about 3,500 rpms or so. Guess why? Because EFI does not help much in a small, mild compression engine until the turbo kicks in.

The only way you are going to increase your low end pick up is with less weight or a closer ratio gearbox to keep you on the boost at highway speeds.

EFI will make your engine run cleaner and optimize throttle response, but it won't do a hell of a lot until you are actually on the boost except make sure your timing is advanced the way you want it.
Oh absolutely!

This idea got shot down almost right away after seeing the expense to gain ratio.

I think the route I will take is eventually buying a tunable WUR and the tools I need to tune my CIS, and be happy with a car that is plenty fast as is. As someone mentioned, after dumping loads of money in doing the conversion, he would have been better off just buying a newer Porsche that is already there.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)