View Single Post

Hey Don,
Thanks for the kind gesture, I already have all of the parts I need for the turbo to intercooler pipe... clamps and all. I will say that making the intake pipe for the turbo does seem a little daunting. I may ask for some pointers to get me on the right track. I'm using a 90 degree silicone coupler on the turbo and it has a 12" leg going up past the tin. I thought this meathod would be easier than using a straight silicone coupler on the turbo and fabricating a "J' pipe like the factory did... I know it will be a lot easier to disassemble this way. (I have yet to cut the leg to the right length to make this work)

Your thoughts?

I'll post some pics later tonight sans tin so you can see where I'm at. I want to make pipe that is 2.75" in diameter right @ where it will connect to the silicone intake elbow and then immediately have the diameter transition to 3.25 (if I can find aluminum pipe in this diameter) or 3.5" and then have a silicone coupler or reducer connect where normally the rubber boot would go to the CIS end of things...

I may scan some drawings of my intended design if I have time...

For those folks who are leary of Blown Six I can only share my personal experience and I can report that I'm extremely happy with their products and service. Michael has gone out of his way to make sure my new intercooler was shipped promplty and had zero damage once it was delivered. Everyone knows there are two sides to every story but looking at post count and join date it kinda makes you go "hmmmmmmm..."

Last edited by E-man930; 07-17-2007 at 06:28 PM..
Old 07-17-2007, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)