View Single Post

Rarlyl8,

My day for questions it appears. What is "turbo surging" and what causes it?

Quick update. I spoke with Pete @ Andial and he tells me that their kit doesn't include any change to the injectors. Therefore it's not a garden hose vs. fire hose comparison even if the system did pulse fuel. Which I should have remembered it doesn't. Pete also suggested the warm up regulator might have been badly setup.

So is the stock WUR fixed or are they all adjustable? Where does one obtain a good adjustable version (eg. contact info for Brian Leask)?

As to the turbo, it was sent to Florida for modification. I believe they changed one side of the housing so that it would flow more air using the K27 as a basis. It does this well reaching full 1 BAR boost by 3800 rpm.

But it isn't the on-boost performance that bugs me. I used to love my five speed transmission for the way I could moderate throttle & boost. Now it feels like I have an off/on switch for boost. Almost like the stories I've heard about four speeds.
Mods include: Kokeln IC, GHL Headers, Hooligan muffler, Modified K27 7200, BL WUR, LC-1 & XD-16, Bilstein Sports (4), TRG sway bars, Oversize torsion bars, Strut brace
Old 07-20-2007, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)