View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

Well, I measured everything up this morning as far as verical drain distances. The exit at the turbo is 2-1/2" higher than the bottom of the oil return tubes. I would guess the actual level of oil in the sump is somewhere between the bottom of these return tubes, and the sump plate. My best guess is that the oil level in the sump is just about 1" below the turbo drain flange. In theory, I have enough room to put the can in, but I can't make the connection at the drain fitting, because the mount flange of the turbo is in the way, and I can't get the 3/8" bolts in. I've already builty two different iterations of the drain flange today, just won't work.

So, I figured I can get the pump in the left fenderwell, and I'll get 1" pitch to the pump inlet in 15 horizontal inches. I could get more, but I'd have to route the oil drain line under the exhaust pipe, instead of over. That becomes a risk-versus-reward decision. From the pump, I can put a bulkhead fitting in the oil tank..which was the original question when I started this post.

Live and learn.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)