Thread: Slow boost rise
View Single Post

If we are talking about the same thing (a spring loaded piston that is sucked open with vacuum when you let off the throttle to reduce back pressure on the turbo) then mine does not have seals on the piston. The piston just slides on in the bore in the housing. Perhaps there should be seals.

Also today I went ahead and removed the exhaust to take a good look at the turbo. There is definately too much radial slop so I guess it is time for a turbo. I am surprised it wasn't smoking.

Now for a new question...I have an old worn out turbo that on the tag says 3LDZ with no yrailing numbers. It came off an 87 car that had some mods and may not have been the original turbo. The one off my car (86) has 3LDZ followed by a series of numbers. Mine has a smaller inside diameter on the intake throat than the other and the other also has more blades on the compressor. So the question is if I buy a new 3LDZ which version works best on the 930s?
Old 07-21-2007, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)