View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig 930 RS
"You can remove 50 pounds from each bumper if you strip off all the metal protective bars and stuff."
-------------
You've got to be kidding.
Plus, I'd say the tradeoffs in impact protection ( I use the 930 on track) just aren't worth it.

I am repeating what I have been told by several sources, including a guy that just did it and weighed his parts. Weight savings up front is a little variable depending on whether you remove more stuff, a lot of people end up with nothing more than front turn signals, but that is a matter of preference. The bumper metal bars are close to 20 pounds, and the rear rubber bumpers are something like 15 pounds and the brackets and all the crash bars also weigh 15 pounds at least.

That is how they list the weight at Getty and GT racing, that is what people get at sites when the measure the bumpers and all the components.

If it ain't true than what is the weight of all the 5 mile per hour crash stuff and bumper stuff?

I will find some links to weight savings lists. Try rennlight.com for starters, and make sure to check out the weight loss dyno conversion chart. It is cool.

Here is a cool site listing weight of items on an early car.
http://www.early911sregistry.org/jCalzia.html#Calzia%20article,%20top

Go to GT racing and see what they list bumpers at. 50 pounds.

Anyhow, that is what I have heard.

As far as 5 mile per hour crash protection, yeah, it will be gone unless you leave the crash bars, which you can do as well.

Last edited by DDDD; 07-21-2007 at 07:23 PM..
Old 07-21-2007, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)