View Single Post

New B+B headers and overboost

My shop installed B+B headers and also a zork pipe last week. Since then, my wastegate dump pipe has remained silent. It used to bleed all boost at 1 bar exactly, and now it seems that my wastegate literally is not dumping pressure at all. I saw a boost spike a couple times and after that I kept my foot off the throttle after 1 bar was achieved. I have driven the car several miles and saw no signs that the wastegate worked even once to dump pressure.

I am wondering what could have gone wrong with the install. I thought they just bolted the crossmember pipe up to the wastegate without touching anything. When they tuned the CIS, they removed the intercooler and replaced it.

This seems like the wastegate is simply dead. Not just standard overboost because of new headers and then pressure bleeds, but overboost and no response at all, no release at the dump pipe.

I will probably go to a Tial wastegate. Just want to know if anyone has an opinion on what went wrong before I talk to the shop. Thanks!

Last edited by DDDD; 07-21-2007 at 05:40 PM..
Old 07-21-2007, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)