View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_snyder View Post
Brian and people with Zork experience,

How much do they help horse power wise? I think the no cut-out valance is a really good Idea. Who makes that? The only one I've seen had the cut-out on the driver side for the stock exhaust. How much $ is the plain valance (no cut outs)?

Looks great Brian.

Again is the HP improvement worth the pissed neighbors?

Bob
The zork will gain at least around 12 hp, and it will make sure that there is no back pressure on your turbo, which causes your turbo to spool better. Also, it eliminates all the heat build normally caught by your muffler system directly into the atmosphere. You want the muffler side of the turbo to be cool so as to draw airflow from your headers, which is the hot side of the turbo.

And it weighs under 2 pounds.

I have an interesting theory on neighbors......I pay way too many taxes so they can send their kids to school. I have to swerve to avoid their Ford trucks with five foot tall tires, and all their teenage kids driving ratty Mustangs and smashing mailboxes. Or their great great grandparents driving 3 miles per hour to church.

So screw my neighbors, I am running a zork. If the worst thing I do in life to escape the rat race is drive a loud Porsche, they better not complain.

But believe me when I say a zork is loud. The noise level is okay, but it backfires off throttle so it is obvious you are running no muffler. I wouldn't get one if you live near a town center.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)