View Single Post

Garage
Unplugging the O2 Sensor? Bad Idea?

Fella's, 1987 930

I was having some problems with my car running rough, Idle fluctuations and this surging feel while driving. I decided to unplug my 02 sensor and readjust my AFR just to see what happened. I unplugged the 02 sensor and the car billowed black fuel smoke and started running very badly. I adjusted the AFR by turning the set screw about 3/4 a turn counterclockwise until it smoothed and started to die. I then turned clockwise to richen and the car smoothed out and idled great. I adjusted the screw like I used to with my webers carbs. The car runs better than ever with low end torque, smooth transistion from gear to gear and more power...

I plug the 02 sensor back in and the idle dipped and began to loose the smooth running feel.

OK now what...Should I leave the O2 sensor unplugged or is there another issue with the frequency valve or something? ..help. I need to take the car to a local smog shop and set my AFR at 2.5 per ther CO readout.

Has anyone had this problem?...I cant believe how well my car runs now..

Bob
Old 07-25-2007, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)