View Single Post

Hello, from UK, lots of questions regarding turbo charging a 3.2 carrera!

Well where do i start? After having trawled every Uk web page going I found absolutely zero information regarding turbocharging my 3.2! Luckily I stumbled across this forum. I have a standard 3.2 carrera that I have widebodied, RHD converted (german import) GT3 brakes all round, Bilsteins , turbo 2 wheels etc.

My next step is to turbocharge the 3.2, and so I have a few questions you may be able to help me with. I have seen lots of info about oil returns, which is great, which leads to my first question. Where do i take the feed from? I would have thought tapping from the oild pressure switch area is generally the best thought, but correct me if I'm wrong?

Next question... I have a GT35R I'm using , I also have Autronic SM4 management. On the mid 80's 3.3's I notice they use the intermediate pipe straight into the turbocharger with the original heat exchangers and cross over pipe. On alot of the pictures from this site, you use a set of parellel heat exchangers to the turbo and then a seperate external waste gate pipe. Is it a large restriction using the original heat exchangers with a suitable flange? Or shall I purchase a similar set to the ones I see on here?

Finally I'm using a 915 3.2 box. Will this stand 450/500lb/ft of torque? or will it rip it to shreds?

There are far more questions I have but these are the main 3 I need awnsering at the moment. I'm sorry if they sound so basic, I have built some pretty quick cars before, but never really played with porsches (this is my first one). Many thanks in advance for any help towards my project, I will be hopefully buying parts from the states as they are so much cheaper than in the UK!! (and people here seem to know what they are doing!)

cheers

Rich
Old 07-27-2007, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)