View Single Post

Garage
Everybody,

The 100 Hp figure is purely arbitrary. What I would like is to lower the turbo lag. I was told buy IA that a good turbo, headers and IC could get me a 400CSHP with the lag dropping to ~26-2700 RPMs. Sounds good but I had reservations because I'm an engine builder an know thats rather ambitious. I will be doing the mechanical work myself. In my former life 20 years ago I was a VW Porsche mechanic and engine builder when I went to college. I have continued to build custom VW engines for sand rails. I would accept used parts if I could inspect them first. I will probably buy the turbo new from Stephan. I was thinking of getting a good used IC because they don't wear out. The only reservations I have over any of this is the exhaust manifold removal. I hear horror stories from everybody about broken studs...I keep hearing the exhaust system cracks and need to be welded frequently. My engine has ????miles on it and odometer is at a 100K sooooo. I don't know where the motors life expectancy is. Driving it I can tell it has good compression because it runs well off boost.

If I bolted a K27S or HFS on it and installed a better IC would I notice a difference? My car seems pretty quick I just would like to lower the turbo lag to 26-2700 rpms...Is this a reasonable expectation with just a turbo upgrade??

Thanks
Bob
Old 07-29-2007, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)