View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Let me jump in here...abit a little late...but what the heck....???

First off, if that is your red car pictured in the posts above..... very nice car!!!

Second, ( I am basing this off of the assumption that is your red car!), unless you are going to run the 3.2L intake and going EFI, I would keep your Kokeln I/C. I had a Kokeln I/C ( bought it about 7 years ago), and absolutly LOVED it!! I have heard some scuttlebutt on the boards that they have been having some quality control issues, but mine was perfect. I sold mine a few months back to a gentleman on the forums here....I would never have sold it, but am going EFI, with carerra intake, etc, etc.... so I did not want to cut up the Kokeln I/C to use it on the 3.2L intake....I bought one from Bell I/C's and am very pleased with their product.

Third, you need to get away from the stock exhaust system. That, along with a different turbo, will dramatically decrease lag time, and also increase HP and TQ. Now that I know what I know.... I would also buy a LM or LC-1 from innovate or any wideband O2... You need to keep a handle on your A/F ratios.... or atleast have a working knowledgee of where they are.....

A CIS system in good working order, with the appropriate mods, and in perfect tune, should have ample fuel to reach your goal of 400 HP. ( Mods consisting of A EURO fuel distributor, lines, and injectors... WUR mod, fuel head mod, etc)

I would think that once you have those mods nailed down, you should have a very fun, very usable car to drive.

I also think that Neil Harvey at Performance Developments is working on....or has recently completed a digital WUR..... so that should be a very good thing to hit the market!!

Once you get those mods done.... you will be in for fun...BUT, you will want more....it is enevitable...... one day, down the road, you are going to be secretly wanting more...and then the Dark Side willl have a grip on you.... There is no escape.....

BTW, just a shamless plug...but I also have a EURO fuel system for sale.....as well as a Garrett turbo.... So, that is proof that parts do come up for sale...and often .... you just need to be diligent in searching everyday..... they are out there....

I wish you the best of luck....
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 07-30-2007, 09:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)