View Single Post
Gotta Jibboo

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BSiple
Robert,

Not to be the only negative one here, but if you have ???? number of miles on the car, I would do a pretty extensive leakdown and compression test (or whatever the best tests are to determine the health of the engine) prior to bolting up a bunch of parts to increase the power. You may stay within your 5K budget for the performance mods, but if you grenade the engine..ouch.

On a related note, I have SC cams, twin plugged heads, a K27, B+B headers with heat, a 46mm Tial WG and the stock C2 turbo intercooler.

When I bought the car, it was running 1.1 bar worth of springs in the Tial, was SUPER rich (I mean super rich) and the overboost solenoid was grounded out. It was retarded fast. Pretty much when the boost kicked in, it would spin the 285/30's in the rear. I actually went down to a .8 bar spring, and working with Steven K. at IA, my local mechanic did a bunch of work to dial in the AFR's tuning the CIS properly. For a daily driver, it is about perfect. If I get a wild hair up my rear, I have a .7 and the original .3 springs for the WG, so I could make that change, and re tune it.

It spools up nicely, and stays on boost through out the power band.

Bill

I don't know why I do the hillbilly things I do.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)