View Single Post

Garage
DENSO U Groove

I had the same situation happen where I didnt have W3DPO's available and went to Auto Zone and bought Denso U-Groove W24ESR-U for ~2 bucks a piece and they have been working great. No Problems. I don't know ...15 bucks a plug is a bit much! I think a plug is a plug as long as there not out of the heat range and at least platinum. I may be wrong, but why such an exclusive plug for this application??? Ever consider grit blasting the electrodes with that Harbor Freight Plug cleaner. I bought one and did my 3DPOs and cleaned and inspected them for entrapped grit. Was going to reinstall them and my buddy said don't take the chance of grit getting in a cylinder. Throw them away. I dunno. This cleaning process has been used for a hundred years with success. AS LONG AS YOU INSPECT THEM UNDER A MAG AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE CLEAN..No grit anywhere! The 3DPO will clean up nicely and ready to go another 15K if you clean them..Just a thought..

Bob
Old 08-02-2007, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)