View Single Post

Sorry for the late response, but this is the 3rd time I've tried to post; the forum keeps dying on me! My scanner setup is screwed up, so I can't scan the article unfortunately. But I will give you all the important details from the article. There are only two pictures of the car and they are both 3/4 front shots. From what I can see it has 964 bumpers and is yellow with 5 spoke multi-piece wheels, with the centers the same color as the car. It has a large number 892 and then PORSCHE under it on the door in red, with TEC on the sides of the bumpers, CWM on the fender, and TURBO Performance Center on the rocker panel, all in red.
The engine is built with Mahle pistons, Carrillo rods, and a lightened knife-edged stock crank. Heads are stock 930s with CMW valvetrain parts. Valves are 56 mm intake and 47.5 mm exhaust. Cams are TPC (Turbo Performance Center) custom Stage 2 Turbo specially designed for this car and have more than 240 degrees duration at .050 with more than .460 inches lift. Turbos are Garrett T04Bs with V-trim compressor wheels and O-trim exhaust wheels. The primary turbo receives exhaust from all six cylinders all the time, allowing it to spool quickly. When the motor is putting out enough exhaust gas, the custom built Electromotive Total Engine Control (TEC) signals an HKS racing wastegate to activate the second turbo. This wastegate discharges directly into the secondary turbo's turbine. The secondary turbo is only activated under high load conditions above 4500 RPM. Under these conditions all six cylinders provide exhaust flow to both turbos. A Turbonetics butterfly valve Deltagate is installed in the secondary turbo's compressor outlet ducting to prevent the primary turbo from blowing into the secondary when it is offline. This Deltagate is also controlled by the TEC, which provides phase sequential injection that controls fuel delivery on a per cylinder basis. It makes the 730 HP on 92 octane.
They did some acceleration testing with the car and it did 0-30 in 1.4 seconds, 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, and 0-100 in 7.2, and 0-140 in 12.4. All these figures were apparently on street tires as it says it was done without racing slicks. The car weighs 2650 pounds. That is the extent of the information in the article. I hope it's of some use.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)