View Single Post

Well after spending some more time with the zork installed I have finally cast my own vote above.

First off... upon further investigation, the fitment issue above isn't issue with the zork but rather an issue with a improvised turbo mounting adapter that has moved the placement of the turbo just enough to cause the issue. No big deal to fix. A dremel and a little time allowed me to notch out the lower valence just enough for the required clearance.

As for the sound... I took the car up the highway early yesterday morning and man does this thing howl on WOT! I got a couple of nice thumbs up and honks from some of my neighbors on the road (don't think my neighbors at home would have the same reaction though!). The car just roars. Sounds fantastic.

Around town it is definitely loud and I found my self short shifting to avoid some of the backfiring burbles on deceleration. I think if I lived far out in the burbs I would be perfectly fine with the volume, but in downtown Chicago it is just a little too 'hey check me out!'.

As for track duty... I spent some time talking with the local chapters that I drive and instruct with and it sounds like I will be fine db wise at certain tracks and with certain groups, but others have taken a fairly strict stance that DE club events require mufflers.

In the end I am chalking it up to a fun weekend of monkeying around with the car and am going to go back to a muffler solution for the city and some of my track events. I am going to most likely hold on to the zork and stick it on for those tracks that allow and see how the car likes it there.

I may just but my older borla back on but still have the itch for something new... maybe a fabspeed... maybe Brian's new passenger side exit with matching wastegate dump when it comes out.

I am still going to try and get some good video for you guys with the zork on before I switch it out so that you can get some better samples. My plan is to throw the camera in the car for some highway runs and then have someone at the shop shoot from outside for some drivebys. Hopefully I'll have that done and posted next weekend.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)