View Single Post
"I am the liquor..."

I've decided not to vote as I don't wish to scew the results. I'll just add my comments and leave it at that.

I removed the zork and probably won't be putting it back on, unless I need a temporary fix while I'm experimenting with a muffler.

For my purposes - daily driver - it is too loud. It draws too much attention. Non-Porsche people have actually asked me if my car was "broken". At low RPMS, most people, even "car guys" think it's he most obnoxious thing they've ever heard! The zork sounds amazing, but every time I put it on, I can live with it for about two weeks, and then the novelty wears off. I just don't have enough opportunity to drive the car at extended periods of mid/higher RPMs, where the turbo finally begins to act as a muffler.

My Borla XR-1 is back on, and I'm extremely happy with it.

So far, the best sounding exhaust that I've ever heard on one of these cars is the original B&B dual. You can't imagine how hard that is for me to admit! My neighbor has what must be one of the first B&B production runs on his '84. Back when maybe Billy gave a damn. it even looks different than the current offerings. It must have over 100,000 miles on it and probably has no packing left in it. It is the most glorious sound! Plenty loud, lot's of whistling, some backfiring, some burbling/gurgling, but not over the top, like the zork can be. I'm trying my best to talk him out of it!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 08-07-2007, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)