View Single Post
resident samsquamch

I'm going to weigh in as a *CONSUMER*. Even though I've just zipped up my flame suite, let me preface the following comments with this: I am an engine guy. I am a car guy. I do subscribe to form following function.

Having said that, some of these intercoolers look hideous to me. There is just too much of a "home built" flair to them. You can't deny that the intercooler in these engines inhabits a rather substantial footprint, thus becoming a focal point. Standing over the engine, it gets a lot of attention, just like the fan. I don't care for all of the sharp angles on SOME of these end tanks. Science and/or dyno numbers aside, I want something functional AND beautiful! There has to be a compromise. That's probably why the original 964 C2 Turbo intercooler appeals to me so much, regardless of it's age. Same for the B6 version. Of course that might also explain the price tag...

I wish I had a better picture, but as far as simplicity goes, this one is a favorite. This is Shockm's engine (one of my all time favorite cars):

The very slight rounding on the end tank edges changes EVERYTHING for me.

Okay, now I'll slither my lame CIS driving azz, back under a rock. Continue...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 08-08-2007, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)