View Single Post

Honestly, I think a lot of people in our community have their heads in the clouds with subjects like this. I completely understand wanting to buy only the best stuff for your car, however there comes a point where certain components are simplistic enough that whatever works, works. I've noticed there are a good number of people in this community that look down on "inexpensive" stuff and seem to enjoy increasing the cubic $ per square foot cost of their car by spending more money than they really need to. That's fine, but it's certainly not the way I'd go about doing things. As far as intercoolers go, they are a relatively simple component with a simple purpose. They are a radiator for air. Some people try to argue about efficiency, pressure drop, aerodynamics, etc. In all honesty, the difference is minimal at best between average quality IC's and high dollar good quality ones, for a street car or mixed use car. For dedicated track stuff, I fully understand the need to increase efficiency wherever possible. For street cars, it's one more "bragging" point that really doesn't amount to much more than further weight loss of your wallet. I'm not knocking the expensive stuff but, at some point you really have to be realistic with yourself. A large part of the cost associated with these cars and components like this is the name, brand, labor involved (and comparatively higher labor rates for Porsches), etc.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)