View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
Two camps come to mind;
1.) The KKK with redesigned internals. The K-27S and the K-27HFS from Imagine Auto or Ultimate Turbo.
2.) The Garrett turbo's(GT35's). They need more fabricating on the oiling, intake/outpipe hoses, but are more modern designs than the KKK's.

If you are not running with aftermarket headers on your car, that would be the most recommended place to start. You'll be amazed in the improvement in the driveability of the car just by that change alone.

I have B&B headers and a GHL stainless muffler/ exhaust ( it's pretty throaty sounding, so I'm sure it has very low backpressure ).

My main goal is to get the car to spool up faster and earlier in the rpm range. As is, it pulls well off boost, but when the boost hits, it is like a switch ... off to on.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)