View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930LDR View Post
Bob -

I have the HFS on my 930 with B&B headers and have used both the stock and TiAL wastegates. My experience was that with the B&Bs the stock wastegate couldn't purge enough pressure to keep the boost where I wanted it. I ended up going with a .5 B spring in my TiAL and an electronic boost controller that enabled me to dial in the desired amount of boost. Worked a lot better for me.

I have a sneaking suspision that you could mate up the same turbo, header and wastegate modifications to any two 930s and find differing results (nothing on my car seems to behave the same as others)' so you may not have the same issues.

Can't speak to the differences between the K27S and HFS but man does my HFS pull hard thru redline! I can see where it may have a little less initial low end pull but what it does have is an extremely smooth and linear boost curve. Night and day from my original 7200.
Of course it pulls hard thru redline - once that wastegate opens, the pressure is 'fixed' on the intake side. Only if the turbo flattened out enough at high RPM to allow the wastegate to close would you see any decline in performance. Once the wastegate is opened, it basically doesn't matter what turbo is used, as long as it can keep it opened until redline.

I did post another reply to the original thread as well.

Pat K
87 930
Old 08-09-2007, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)