View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_snyder View Post
Thanks guys..Could we agree that it will perform better than the 3dlz? As my car functions now I have to wait in every gear for the turbo to spool up. Jump on the freeway shift into second an wait a couple seconds and the afterburners come on next gear 1 second lag...I was told it will spool up alot faster than the stock one. Is this true?

Bob
The answer is.....maybe. Based strictly on the turbine size - no, it won't spool earlier, but because it is a more efficient design, it 'might'.

All in all, most will quickly agree that you spent waayy too much for 'might'. If you dump another 6-8K into your motor in performance parts (assuming you don't need more for a typical overhaul), that turbo will perform great in a 450+ HP setup including cams, efi, exhaust, intercooler (prolly need bigger than the B&B drop in you also ordered), etc.....

And, something is wrong with your car if you have lag after you shift, say from 2-3 at 5K RPM or higher. Even the 3LDZ is spooled and on the wastegate at 5K - it should hit quick going from say 2-3 shift on a freeway ramp. I'd bet your diverter assembly is leaking boost....

Last edited by kellcats521; 08-09-2007 at 11:10 AM..
Old 08-09-2007, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)