View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to FlashGordon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
You hit the nail on the head.

Having been through all of this before I truely understand why some aftermarket companies will not do dyno or other types of comparative testing on thier products. The seller looses control of the product if they do not install it themselves.

In the case of the intercooler it is critical that the unit be shrouded properly or it simply will not work. When that happens you get a disgruntled customer posting blasphemy all over the internet. If the seller has posted optimum dyno or performance results for the product the war is on and everyone becomes confused.

I did a lot of testing with my B&B intercooler concerning shrouding alone. The results were staggering. Left unshrouded the intercooler would heat soak in less than 60 seconds and horsepower would plummit by the butt dyno (which every customer has in various degrees of calibration). Fully shrouded and sealed with added air ducting removed all traces of heat soak and picked up enough power to break the tires loose where they previously did not.

What's shrouding?
Old 08-12-2007, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)