View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I love these forums for the outlooks presented by everyone.....it saves alot of people from making big mistakes and gets alot of info out there.

I know that the best thing to do is get A/F data and then decide on what is required as RarlyL8 stated.
However, the only way to get such data under load I can see is using a dyno and making multiple runs along with the ability to tune in between/during the sessions. I see this getting very expensive as they charge $100/hour here in Detroit or usually $60-70 for 3 runs without tuning.
I can see this getting extremely costly real quick.
Now I have a few questions I hope are not too personal:
1) RarlyL8, about how many hours of running time did you chew up in sorting out the A/F on your ride?

2) Is there a better and cheaper way of obtaining the data above without renting dyno time?
I know I am not alone in barely being able to pay for gas for this car and don't wanna send the dyno guy on a vacation to Vegas with my money.

3) How much danger will you be in by just making this turbo and header change and not going thru this added expense above? I assume the stock Warm up regulator is capable of handling a larger range of air flow than stock but does this change guarantee that you are gonna be risking trouble? Just looking for a warm fuzzy or an answer that can quantify the risk.

thanks,
Old 08-14-2007, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)