View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Robert,

I would not assume that your A/F ratios are out of wack. They are likely just fine. What you will do with the adjustable WUR is make them perfect. The 930 was adjusted rich from the factory as a safety net.

With the LM-1 you can tune by laptop or by downloading the info into your home computer. There is nothing that gizmo won't do.

You also don't need a dyno. The A/F ratios read on a dyno are only as good as the instrumentation that the dyno shop has. The LM-1 requires an O2 sensor placed appropriately in the exhaust system, not laying in your tailpipe as most dyno shops do.

What I did was run a baseline on the dyno to compare to the LM-1 at 2500+rpm. Others have done that as well and report identical data.

Tuning the WUR takes a lot of time. The LM-1 will pay for itself the first day of tuning and give you piece of mind with every upgrade.

Personally I wouldn't buy anything yet. Schedule a dyno pull and see where you are. After that you decide if you want/need to tune the WUR and then buy an LM-1/LC-1 or similar gadget. Keep the dyno file and hard copy to compare with your readings after the fact.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)