View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
RarlyL8,
That's interesting. When I purchased the slant, I immediately upgraded the exhaust with a B&B muffler to improve the sound. It mounted to the turbo outlet flange as it should have with the stainless steel bands added to the muffler for added support. When I upgraded to the B&B header system when I was rebuilding the engine, I simply remounted the muffler to the turbo flange. Everything looked like it did before with no tweaking the muffler tip or flange what so ever.
Could it be people are changing turbos at the same time they are changing the exhaust system? Do the 3LDZ and the 7200 share the same dimensions as far as the turbine outlet flange in relation to the turbine inlet?

Just asking. Sure hate to see you chase your tail on such a noble effort!
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-15-2007, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)