View Single Post
"I am the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Many thanks, Nathan. I understand what you're saying, but follow this:

The factory 8X16 Fuchs for the front of my car have an offset of ET11 (we'll round).
So I think that even with my current SSR wheels at 8.5X18 ET30, which were configured by TireRack to be a "suitable fit", I don't see how the fronts are centered, now. There are no after-market spacers installed to adjust offset.

As you mentioned, I'm more concerned with getting the front figured out, as I'm confident the rear will not be a problem.

I've been playing with an on-line wheel offset calculator. I won't purchase any spacers until I actually have the wheels in hand and mounted with tires. Right now, I'm thinking of running a 21mm H&R DRM spacer on the front. Being that the wheels I'm interested in purchasing are 9X18 ET50 (for the fronts), this spacer would bring my offset down to ET29. My only concern is in pushing the outer edge of the wheel (fender side) too far.

I've also learned that this particular wheel was available in a 5X130 bolt pattern. So right now, I'm just looking at spacers (not 5X100 adapters).
Just remembered that stock Fuchs for '87 were 7x16 for the front. So I was mistaken in suggesting 8X16 with ET11. The correct stock offset would be ET23.3...which makes more sense.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)